Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fun weekend

I was reading every one's blogs and I figure I better post now or I'll end up not getting around to it for a few weeks again. This was a really nice weekend. Saturday we decided to go to Tishamingo state park to enjoy the really nice weather. We picked up mom and Josh was over there so we decided to ask if he could go with us. He got really excited when he found out. He just couldn't contain his grin. He asked us when we were around Smithville " How long until we get to the park?" WE told him it would be about an hour. He must have noted the time. Because a little while later he says " 20 more minutes " Then a few minutes later " 10 minutes " LOL...... Eventually we made it there and made our way to the swinging bridge that goes to the trails. On the way across the bridge, he was taking really little steps and he stayed in the middle of the bridge and wouldn't get close to the edge to look down at the water. We hiked the trail for a couple hours. It takes you up rocky cliffs and down around little waterfalls and streams and then eventually you wind your way back to the creek and follow it back to the bridge. By the time we made it back to the bridge, he wasn't afraid of the bridge anymore. I guess all of the standing on top of cliff edges decreased his fear level. So he was actually holding the ropes on the side of the bridge and rocking it back and forth. Like a whole new boy. On the way out of the park, I told Lee to swing through so we could see what the family cabins looked like. ( we definitely want to go back and do that sometime.) We found 2 side by side at the end of the road kind of off by themselves. There was no noise and no cars, so we got out and walked around them and looked at the screened in porches. Josh walked over to one and was peeking all in the screened porch and he had mom come and see.............. later we got in the car and started driving away and I looked at the cabin and someone is looking out the window at us as we drive off!!! HAHAHA! ooops.
We stopped in Amory on the way home and got stuff to grill hamburgers. After we ate our burgers at mom's we went out to the fire and sat around talking for a while until we went home.
Today........... I was Going to go to Lila's for a jewelry party, but it ended up being cancelled at the last minute. So me and Lila just ended up meeting in Tupelo and walking around the mall for a while then catching a movie . ' The Box ' That is one of the weirdest movies I've ever watched. That's about all I can say about it. After the movie we went to Olive Garden and stuffed ourselves. I had some kind of shrimp ravioli stuff... MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Now I've just made it back home and into my pink and purple pj's. I need to be exercising after all that olive garden.
I'll be back.

1 comment:

Heather said...

We have never stayed at those cabins. We keep saying we are going to camp there or get a cabin or something. That's too funny that someone was staying there!