Saturday, March 28, 2009

another baby shower

Tonight I have ANOTHER baby shower at work...........ugh! Just in the last month I have 2 baby showers, a wedding shower, and a 40th anniversary. I have had 4 baby showers so far I think.....and I have another in a month, then there's another girl that is just 3 months along....so that will be another in a few months....... it's hard to not get the same things over and over. THis time I bought pacifiers, baby shampoo, lotion, etc kit, and a box of disposable bibs. I think that is a genius idea especially for going out to a restaurant or something. I figure that would be something convinient that she probably wouldn't splurge and buy herself. I want a shower for something!!!! LOL. I want another house warming.....ya......an old house made new party. That' s one thing.........after you're married, unless you have kids, you don't get any big gift giving event until you've been married for 25 years........lol. I have 19 years to go. Or I could buy a new house and get a house warming.......hahaha. Yeah
When I drove in this morning.........the yard looked 100 times greener. I guess that rain really put it into high gear. The rolling hills and fields on alt 45 were really pretty this morning. I keep saying I'm going to pull over and take pictures one morning. The sunlight hits the hills just right at that time of day. And the oaks have there little neon budding leaves that glow in the sunlight.
Oh! I just remember my weird dream I had today........all day long it seems like. I was at the obama inauguration........lol. I think I was some kind of staff that was preparing for it and we were going over when we'd walk in and where we were supposed to stand, blah blah, and went over the inaugural ball and when we were supposed to enter. And there was a killer on the loose.....I went in this little apartment looking for some old man and I found him in the bathroom floor.......and I turned around and the killer was running at me and I slammed the door and locked it and climbed out the window....... AND there was a big huge salt lake that looked like a sea and it had HUGE waves like a hurricane was in it. And we were driving down the 4 lane beside it ( which was gravel ) and the windows were down and the water was splashing inside the car from like 100 yards away......... very weird. What was I smoking?
Almost time for work, better get ready.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

LOL Your dream sounds like one of mine. Mine are always really crazy. They make no sense at all. I wake up thinking they are real.I wake up freaked out and then realize it was just a crazy dream again.

Heather said...

I have crazy dreams too! Maybe that says something about us...like we're super-smart. LOL! Anyway...I know what you mean about the parties. Wouldn't that be fun to have a reason for a shower/party?

Heather said...

yes. I had a thought while I was taking a shower this morning.....lol.....I want to have a slumber party, and all who come should bring a girly gift like 10dollars or something......and then we draw names and get a gift....cool right???

Rachel said...

Okay glad I'm not the only one who has crazy dreams. I like you theory HK, maybe it does mean we are super smart. LOL.

Emilyb said...

was bay bay peeing on your face or something?? hahahah

Heather said...

Bay Bay doesn't NOT get to come in the bedroom any more. He'll mess up my comforter.... so no he was not. LOL