Thursday, January 29, 2009

Healthy supper


For anyone else who is trying to eat healthier........I found this frozen tilapia at wal-mart. I think it's new, I've never noticed it before. On the freezer isle where they have the bags of frozen shrimp. It has a baja lime marinade on it. Very tropical tasting. I added a little salt and pepper to mine and I liked it. Not a nice steak or anything, but good. The best part- it steams in the microwave in 5 minutes. Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! 184 calories and 26 g of protein per serving, which was not tiny. I got all I wanted. I paired that with some corn and some canned asparagus ( not as tasty as fresh but ok for 20 cals per 1/2 cup) and my whole meal was less than 400 calories. I'm full too. I can have some kind of desert later. :o)

They had another box like this except it was salmon. I think it had some kind of marinade/ sauce on it too. I'll have to try it now.

2 comments:

Heather said...

We love tilapia. I usually buy it plain and blacken it in the oven. YUM. I'll have to look for this kind at WM. I'm planning on starting to count WW points Monday. Gotta get the Super Bowl behind me first though! LOL

Emilyb said...

Thats so weird. I have seen those while I'm down that aisle buying my frozen lunches and always thought to myself " that looks like something heather would eat"