Thursday, January 22, 2009

Catch Up

Freeeeee! I'm off work again! LAst night was hard.......Our insurance at work is changing things up a bit.....it was completly free and now they are going to start charging like 50 bucks a month or something like that for it. BUT if we do this health risk assessment thing, we get a discount. Like 50% off or something. Anyway. We have to go to employee health and get our blood drawn for cholesterol, triglycerides, blood glucose....etc and our height and weight and Blood pressure. Then they are supposed to tells us what changes we need to make to be healthier....blah blah blah. So I went this morning. The problem is........you have to be NPO ( no eating or drinking ) 8 hours before the blood is drawn so it will be accurate. So I was at work for 8 hours with not eating or drinking!!!! AHhhh! No caffeine! I already had my morning planned at about 02:30.....I was going to come home and get Lee up, then go to huddle house and have a cheeseburger and onion rings. - after I have my cholesterol checked.......lol! OF course there was a huge line of us getting off work that were there to get all of our stuff done. But what are the odds.......I ended up in line right behind Charles Crum - a Brother from Aberdeen KH. We had our blood drawn at the same time. I was not happy with the scales.......they weigh heavier than MINE! So I'm going by mine! Hank Boerner( I think that's his last name ) he's the one that weighed and measured me. He's the guy that does the wellness wednesday segment on WTVA. A celebrity.......LOL! MY blood pressure was a little higher than normal. But I figure that had something to do with being awake all night and being tired and hungry and I only sat down for like 10 seconds before she pumped it up. So I'm not too worried about that. I I finally got out of there about an hour later than usual. I did go to huddle house and have my planned cheeseburger and onion rings. Mmmmmmm. Yum! I'm looking forward to seeing my cholesterol level. I've never had it checked. And my glucose after working all night with no food. Alot of the time even when I have food I get really weak at around 5 am and have to sit and eat some crackers and peanut butter. I was hoping that would be the case this morning so I could see what my sugar is when I'm feeling like that. But I didn't feel that bad today.
Tomorrow I'm going shopping with emily and maybe mom. Hopefully I will find some awsome deals. :o) Now I think I will watch Leno and relax.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I wish *our* insurance was $50 a month. I pay $50 a WEEK - and that's after our health risk evaluation discount. If we had skipped out on that, it would've been $60/week! :op

Have fun shopping! Brandon and I are going after I get off work this afternoon. Maybe we'll run into you guys. :)