Monday, July 11, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 7-11-11


 I was listening to The Splendid Table on NPR today and I was inspired to try to incorporate dishes from different countries into my menu. At first I thought, I'd just have a ' world table ' week and have a different country every night, but I just don't have time to go through and dig for it today. I did manage to incorporate 4 countries into my plan for the week. They are  Ireland, Israel, Singapore, and Cuba. Well, I guess I could throw in Italy too since I'm having lasagna one night. I really wanted it to be a  NEW food experience, so just the 4 are all new recipes I haven't had.

Monday : Hamburgers, chips

Tuesday : Salmon Patties, Macaroni and cheese, Green Beans

Wednesday : Dublin Coddle ( Ireland ), Garlic Bread

Thursday : Lasagna, Bread

Friday : Cuban Sandwiches ( Cuba ), Pasta Salad, Carrot Salad ( Israel )

Saturday : Personal Pizzas, Pisang Goreng ( Singapore )  Don't ask me to pronounce it!

Sunday : Leftovers

This post is linked to I'm an organizing Junkie MPM.

No comments: