Thursday, August 20, 2009

LONG WEEK

Ok, I can get back to my life now....... what a long week. Go back to work from vacation straight into mandatory overtime. Pshhhh. I've worked approximately...... 92 hours between last tuesday when I started back to work, and last night. And I had Wednesday and sunday off in that stretch. And next week I have overtime. And last night I had to pick my overtime days for the NEXT schedule!( which takes me into october). WE can either pick the day, or she will put us on any day she pleases. There's no choice if we want to or not. SO I have overtime indefinitely ahead of me. And do we have any positions posted? No. :o) Enough about that garbage....
MY peppers are getting big..... bell peppers that is. I can't wait to eat them. :o) This is interesting too : one of our raised beds we planted squash. Well it died a LONG time ago. The bed has been an empty mulched bed. I decided a couple weeks ago that I would make that my compost bed. So I've been throwing my potato peels, cantaloupe, okra ends, corn cobs, cabbage leaves, onion skins, etc etc in there. Well, I just went out there and I have definitely sprouted SOMEthing. I don't know what it is, but I'm definitely growing something. A surprise. IT will be fun to see what my mystery veggie ends up being. I can't believe I planted squash in there on purpose and watered it and petted it and it shriveled and died and I start throwing my garbage in there and it goes to growing something....... I hope it's not MORE okra. I have PLENTY of that! I'm gonna have to figure out how to make some okra cookies or something. geez........ Okra Jelly.......... Okra pancakes....... start slicing it on my pizza....sandwiches........salad...........
I need to catch the news to see if there's a wreck story on. One of our employees was killed in a wreck last night. They said the driver was diabetic or something and went into a coma and drove over into the wrong lane and hit them head on. You never know if you're going to make it home when you leave your house. And always be on the DEFENSE! Lee always thinks I pay way too much attention to other drivers........... well there ya go.......you never know when a diabetic coma is coming at you........... look BOTH ways when you cross a 4 lane! Not just the way traffic SHOULD be coming from......... ok, off my driving lesson....
Ok, time to lay down with my book.

1 comment:

Heather said...

How sad! Yep, I worry about the other drivers too. Brandon thinks I'm paranoid. :op