Thursday, February 5, 2009

Brrrr! Did Lee have the fire roaring when I got home on this 19 degree morning? NO. Cold Cold Cold. The new dog ( still no name ) seems to be liking the place and getting pretty cozy around here. She always comes to greet me when I pull in in the morning. She's a very vocal dog. Not barking but just little grunts and grumbles when she comes to see you. Like she's trying to talk. ANd her upper lip curls a little too when she does it. LOL. Kinda funny. Lee wants to keep her. I'd rather have one of the pups, so I don't know for sure what we will do. The lady at the shelter said they would take the pups after they were eating food.......duh. So I guess we'll just see what KIND of pups she has. And then give away any we can and the rest go to the shelter. Awwww.
We got the best news yesterday! MAde my week~! WE are getting money BACK this year!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!! a hundred and something dollars~! Doesn't sound like much, but it is awsome when you've had to pay in around 3,000 for the past few years. WE made less this year, yet had more taxes taken out somehow. I think when I changed back to 6 south from float pool, they didn't change the bracket for my taxes back down when my pay dropped. IT worked out great. I thought I had an awful lot of taxes out of my checks. Such good news. This time of year we always have to scratch up a couple thousand dollars........not this year! YAY!!!! Our janitorial is what get's us on our taxes. Very little overhead.
Time for some Boca Java

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's great! I need to do our taxes soon. I have all the paperwork I need, I just need to set aside the time. Maybe this evening...

Emilyb said...

ooo yay!!! i want to see the pups too!! I saw you comming home yesterday as i was going to work.you always have your visor down to the side it seems like looks like it anyway.We got a letter from the state the other day thaqt we oeverpaid state taxes so we are getting an extra 226$ back so that makes our return like 3868$!!!!!!!crazy!!!Turbo tax is the best!