Thursday, July 21, 2011

Good recipes

This week I have tried some new recipes that are really good. First I must rave about what I made last night - Roasted Veggie Pasta Bake  I'm trying to go back to our vegetarian-ish way of eating, so I'm always hunting new vegetarian recipes. I was pretty much cooking all vegetarian until a few months ago, my husband wanted to gain weight, so he requested lots of meat. Well, he admits he doesn't feel good at all since going back to eating ' the old way ' , so time to get back over to the veggie side. :o) This will stay in my vegetarian stash from now on. It was absolutely delicious. I've been telling people for the past couple years or so that you don't need meat to have a good meal. No one seems to take me seriously. They don't know what they are missing! I dare you to to go meat free for a week, you will feel better, I'm telling ya!
  Ok, my second new recipe, is Beer Rolls. I found these on the Mr food website, which I just finally checked out and I love it. So many good and easy looking recipes on there! ANYWAY..... these aren't super soft, and fluffy rolls, because you can make them in like 15 minutes. BUT you do get that yeasty taste from the beer. I added a little extra sugar to mine too. :o)  IT was really good with my potato soup.
 So there's a couple of goodies from this week.

No comments: