Saturday, May 21, 2011

grilled pizzas!

Ok, I just tried out making little grilled person pizzas.  I LOVE THEM!!!! This is going to become a regular thing at my house now.  It's so quick and each person can customize their pizza. I did a bbq chicken pineapple for me and a chicken supreme for Lee. Try it!  I just cheated and used a great value pizza crust mix ( kinda like jiffy ) that was 76 cents or something. It made enough for two good personal sized pizzas.  I heated up the grill ( charcoal for me ) and oiled the rack, threw that sucker on there and flipped it over in about 1 & 1/2 minutes. Then topped it real quick and let it sit about 2- 3 minutes and it was done!

2 comments:

Heather said...

We made grilled pizzas once and loved them!! We used Alton Brown's method for the sauce and mixed sliced tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, and salt & pepper. Those went on the grill when the dough did. When Brandon flipped the dough, he took the grilled tomatoes and smashed them all over the crust for sauce. OMG...so good!!

Heather said...

LOL! I just re-read my post about grilled ' person ' pizzas! Oops. I really didn't grill any people. I think I'll leave it like that because it's funny. :o) Those grilled tomatoes sound delicious!