Sunday, August 9, 2009

Weekend review










I thought the sunset was really pretty today. I ran out to capture it with my camera. Of course it looked way better through human eyes. I almost drove down the road to get an unobstructed view, but decided that was too much trouble. Anyway, back to the story............. Saturday : We had a group from Henderson, Texas working our neighboring seldom worked territory in Guin, so a bunch of us met up with some of them at The Pickle Barrel for some catfish. This was the only picture I took. There were others at another table. The whole left side was Texans. The first woman is a nurse so we enjoyed talking, then the two middle girls are both named Candace , then finally the last two are Lynelle and Melanie ( think that was her name ) I know it started with an M and it wasn't Michelle. They were married. Then of course we have Dave and Emily, Macy and Danielle on the right side of my table. So there ya go. Mom was home from Pioneer School for the weekend so she got to come meet them.


Today we went to Grandma's for lunch after the meeting. We had a feast. Mom came and ate and then she had to head back to Indianola around 2 pm. We got home with stuffed bellies and it was barely raining. So nice and relaxing. I some in the book I'm reading now, and Lee fell asleep beside me. I eventually put the book down and went to sleep. We both woke up about 2 hours later. :o) It was still on and off sprinkling. I put away dishes in the kitchen and folded laundry..... Eventually I got hungry and made some really good oven toasted ham and cheese sandwiches and a salad. Yum. Lee went to go clean the store. I got a taste for some chocolate chip cookies. So I got one of my cookbooks out and headed to the kitchen. I made some chocolate chip cookies with walnuts. Mmmmmm. I've only eaten one though.:o) I just love that mixer. I love the fact that I could leave the butter and sugar mixing while I was digging out my eggs and flour from the fridge. I don't use it a whole lot, but when I do I al

ways think, " I need to use this more." Anyway, now I have Lee some sweets for this week. I think I'm going to make blueberry bread tomorrow. :o)

5 comments:

Heather said...

It sounds like a fun weekend. I'm still envious of your mixer, by the way!

Heather said...

Sometimes they mark them down a whole bunch at Kohl's. Emily bought one for my grandma a while back when they did. I think they get them under 100 dollars.

Emilyb said...

I got mine for like 112 i think and grandmas was just one of the classic mixers and it was 60!

Phil and Danielle said...

I think that girl's name is Miranda. I have been thinking about making some chocolate chip cookies too. That blueberry bread looks sooo good!

Lee said...

I want some more cookies