Friday, August 7, 2009

Book store

Grandma has been telling me about this little out-of-the-way book store in town she's been going to. Wednesday night when I visited her she mentioned that she wanted to go up there this week. So today I called her up and asked her if she'd like to go. So I picked her up and she showed me where it is. It is nowhere that you could just stumble onto it. Out of the city limits in a building that looks more like an apartment than a store. She just has a tiny sign at the end of the driveway. I think she's retired and this is her little side thing she does. I was amazed at how much business she had. Several people came in and out while we were in there. Anyway it is PACKED with books! Used. her hardbacks were 5 dollars and I don't remember what the soft backs were. Here's the cool thing though..... you can bring books you don't want anymore and trade in for some of hers. 2 of yours for 1 of hers. Hardbacks for hardbacks, soft for soft.... or maybe 4 soft for one hard....anyway... My bookshelf is full anyway and I'm probably not going to read some of the ones again. So I traded a couple of my James Patterson books for One of hers. I got Sea Glass by Anita Shreve. She wrote ' The Pilot's Wife ' , which I really liked and it was made into a lifetime movie. Anyway....so I'm excited about my new bookstore find.
After that we went to the store and I picked up some diapers, wipes and bath kit for Cindy, my cousin, and we went to the hospital so see the new baby girl. She was born this morning. She was soooo tiny and cute. Her name is Salem Rayne. After we left the hospital I took Grandma to eat Mexican. She had a taste for taco salad. So we went to El Torro Bravo. Grandma can sure talk.....lol. She says she doesn't talk to anyone all week so when someone comes she just lets it all out. HAHA. So I didn't have to talk much. Finally when I brought her back to her house I put the car in park and left it running. I was just going to let her out and I was going to go on home. Well, she talked and talked and talked for like 30 mintues....hahahaha.........I finally got home though. Just in time to water the flowerbeds and the peppers and okra before it got dark. Now I think we will watch one of our movies........we have 'W' - about George Bush & The chronicles of narnia Prince Caspian....

1 comment:

Heather said...

That book store sounds like it would be right up my alley. When my aunt Mary lived in Nashville, there was a little used bookstore called Bookshop Maybe and we would always go there and trade in our books like that. It sounds like you had a nice day with your grandma. I know she appreciates you doings things like that with her. :)