Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sunday







Sunday morning, Shelly finally came in there to get us up......lol. We were not waking up so easy. Lila hit snooze on her phone 2 or 3 times. Shelly had been up and made us eggs and bacon and grits. She's was being a good little hostess. :o) We were all running around and trying to get dressed and eat in like 30 minutes. Needless to say we were leaving her place about the time the meeting should be starting. She only lived 5 minutes away thank goodness. Of course when we got there we had to walk all the way up to the front row........... hello everybody. :o) There congregation was so young! And they sing really loud! After the meeting we met people forever then we headed for lunch at the mexican place. I thinkwe had about 12 people there. The guy in the dark blue shirt ( Steven ) on the right really reminded me of Brandon K. I think it was his eyes. He was hilarious! And that was his wife across from him with the blonde hair. Most of those people in the picture was couples. I really liked that congregation. They have 23 pioneers I think. twenty something anyway. The young guy next to Sasha was having his graduation party later on that day. The most exciting part of the lunch was the big spill..............ON ME. Shelly gestured really big and flung her just refilled iced tea straight onto me....LOL. It was SOOOO cold! And it was from my knees to my shoulder! Of course I was laughing really hard and was like " Take a picture!" There was ice everywhere! By the time Sasha figured out how to use the camera, most of it was cleaned up , but you can see the tea sparkling on my shirt. :o) By the time we got back to Shelly's it was around 2 so we had to hit the road. WE changed and stuffed all of our luggage back in and headed south. We took a different route this time and decided to go down through Chattanooga and Huntsville. We really had a nice drive back and laughed alot.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a fun trip, even with the big tea spill! :) Was that in London, btw? I bet most of them know Kelley. They used to live in London.

Heather said...

Yes, that was in London. I was thinking that was where she lived. It was a neat town. Not far to Gatlinburg for sure.:o) I was thinking " Let's move here!" It's so nice to have that many young couples in one hall and 23 pioneers!