Thursday, July 30, 2009

My week

Well, the weather has not been what I hoped it would be during my time off from work. IT was nice Monday. Me and Lee went to Emily and Gary's old house so Lee could saw up a huge oak that fell. We are trying to get a head start on our firewood for the winter. We are also getting what's left of the blocks on the porch. I picked blueberries while he was doing that. Me and mom and Emily went to town for lunch and went to Fred's for a while. They sure have cute things in there for the house. Later that evening we ate a good southern supper. I had roast in the crock pot all day so we had that with Peas and green beans from the garden, creamed potatoes, cornbread, and cantaloupe. MMMMmmmmm.... Then we soaked in the hot tub before we went home.
Tuesday Lee had to work at the Airport. I went out in service all day with Mom and Carla. It was rainy. We spent the day in Alabama. One of mom's calls gave her some bags of frozen peas, okra, and tomatoes. Well we forgot all about them when I took mom back to her car at the hall. And when I got home I took a nap for a couple hours. Well, she finally got me on the phone at 6 or 7 that night. So I went out and got them from my trunk. and put them in the fridge. They were still not completely thawed out. Well, evidently some juice leaked out of them because the next day when I got in my car it smelled like the biggest nastiest foot ever! I put baking soda in my trunk last night and I just vacuumed it up a little while ago. IT had absorbed some liquid. YUCK. So I've been cleaning on my trunk and spraying oust all in my car. I'm going to town in a while and buying more carpet powder and letting it sit again I think. Yuck!
Last night Lee closed at the airport, so I went to mom's for supper. Grandma was over there too. So we ate spaghetti and bread and peach cobbler. Then we picked up Granny and took her and grandma to see Emily and Gary's new house.
We've been trying to decide what to do this weekend. We wanted to go out of town and do something. It'll be our last chance for a while with Lee starting school again. It is supposed to rain EVERYWHERE. All directions. So we may just end up staying home.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yuck! I bet that is stinky! Maybe enough of the baking soda will get rid of it. :op